Many people come to us every month seeking to fire their current personal injury attorney and hire us to finish their case. Why do they come to us if they have a lawyer? There are many reasons. The list of such reasons also informs you of what you should EXPECT and what you have a right to receive from your lawyer:
1. Your lawyer does not call or return calls: This is the most common complaint we hear. Your lawyer should communicate with you on a reasonable basis. In fact, The Florida Bar requires this.
2. You only get to speak to a paralegal: Your lawyer should personally discuss your case with you regularly and not just defer to a paralegal. Remember, paralegals are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice.
3. Your lawyer seems to be too close to or intimately connected with a medical clinic: This is a very common issue and occurs more that you may think. In such cases, the lawyer may have a conflict of interest. His duty to you should be paramount; not to the clinic.
4. The lawyer tries to convince you to settle your injury case for a lower amount than you think it's worth but has no good explanation why. Is he trying to make quick money for himself at your expense and against your best interests? It happens more than you may think.
5. Your lawyer doesn't help you find the best medical care possible. (See #3 above.) If your lawyer is too closely associated with a clinic, he may not insist you see the best specialists that can help you get better and also help make your case better. MAKE SURE YOUR LAWYER LOOKS OUT FOR YOU AND NOT THE CLINIC HE MAY REFER YOU TO.
6. You were referred to a lawyer by a "lawyer referral service." Do you really want a lawyer who has to pay to be part of a lawyer referral service to get clients? What does that say about your attorney's experience and competence? Enough said.
There are more reasons than I can include in this blog entry. Visit us at www.ChangeYourLawyer.com (o www.CambieSuAbogado.com en Espanol) and make an appointment for a second opinion on your injury case before it's too late. Or just call (407)-897-8964. got justice?®