Here is what you need to understand the basics of the PIP insurance process:
1. In order for PIP to cover your medical bills, you must seek medical treatment for auto injuries within 14 days of the accident.
2. You must be diagnosed with an emergency medical condition (EMC) in order to receive $10,000 of PIP benefits. (EMC definition: Serious jeopardy to patient health, impairment to bodily functions, and/or dysfunction of any bodily organ or part.)
3. If you are not diagnosed with an EMC, your PIP benefits are reduced to $2,500.
4. Only a medical doctor (MD), osteopathic physician (DO), dentist (DDS), or advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP) are qualified to make an EMC diagnosis.
5. PIP does not cover massage and acupuncture therapy.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, The Martindale Law Group will be able to protect your rights by recovering PIP benefits and monetary damages. For more information, please contact our office at 407-897-8964, or complete our free case evaluation form today.