That is why it is so important to make sure you are taking all the necessary precautions to be safe on the roadways when the sun isn't out to help your visibility.
We have compiled a handful of useful tips and tricks to help you stay safe on the road at night:
1. Get Enough Sleep: We can't stress this enough. Statistics have proven that sleep-deprived drivers have a much higher chance of getting in an accident.
2. Clean Your Mirrors And Lights: Your headlights are vital to your safety while driving at night, so make sure to periodically clean both your mirrors and headlights prior to setting out on the road.
3. Use Night View: Did you know your rear view mirror has a "night" setting? Simply flip the tab below the mirror, and suddenly you won't be blinded by the headlights behind you!
4. Leave Extra Space: Tailgating is a very dangerous activity, and it is even worse at night when your visibility is low and reaction time is slowed. Make sure to leave extra space between your vehicle and the next.
5. Don't Speed And Always Buckle Up: How could we possibly put together a "driving safety tips" blog without reminding you to drive the speed limit and wear a seatbelt?
Drive safe night owls!