Here are a few useful tips to consider before hitting the road:
1. Radiator Checkup: The summer heat can cause your engine to overheat. Make sure that your radiator and appropriate hoses are intact and ready to go for the ride. Check your radiator airflow regularly for dirt or debris, as well as the radiator cap being in good shape. Remember, always let the engine cool off before you touch anything!
2. Keep Your Engine Cool: Once your radiator is clean, check engine coolant levels. The tank should be half full, containing 50% coolant and 50% distilled water. Don’t forget to change your coolant every two years or less!
3. Check Your Battery: Keep an eye on your battery fluids and parts that can easily deteriorate in the heat. Watch your battery levels, ensuring that the water level in each cell is right below each inspection hole. If water levels are low, add distilled water and remove excess dirt to prevent corrosion.
4. Inspect Your Tires: Seasonal tires come and go, make sure to check tire pressure when switching from winter to summer-friendly tires. Always check for cracks, tread, and common wear-and-tear.
5. Change Your Oil: Always remember to check oil levels and get an oil change at least every 3,000 miles.
Use these tips to stay safe on the road this Summer!