The video above includes several safety tips to provide public awareness on auto theft.
Some other insights to ensure responsibility in protecting your car include:
1. Florida is #2 on the top 10 states for vehicle theft. As a Florida-resident, is is imperative to be aware of your surroundings and take the proper precautions. Other states on the top 10 list include: CA, TX, NY, GA, IL, NJ, NC, OH, & NV.
2. Install an anti-theft security system. There are several devices on the market that will notify you of any danger and assist in locating your vehicle. A few of these include: Audible and Visible Devices, Immobilizing-Type Devices, and Vehicle Recovery Systems.
3. Older cars get stolen too. Regardless of the make or model, thieves don't always look for the newest, shiniest automobile. A car is simply a body with parts waiting to be taken.
4. Thieves want it all. Besides for taking parts off the car, thieves look inside as well. Never leave important belongings, such as money, electronics, or documents with personal information inside your vehicle.
5. Make sure you're ensured. While you should ensure your car in case of theft, be aware that auto insurance is not intended to cover your personal belongings inside the car.
Protect your vehicle this summer.
Check out the NHTSA website for more insights on vehicle theft prevention.