In Central Florida, Duke Energy has reported that 7/10 of their customers do not have the appropriate supplies or an emergency evacuation plan. Upon preparing for the 2015 hurricane season, it is wise to go through a checklist to ensure you have a faultless contingency plan.
Here are just a few items to put on your 2015 hurricane preparedness checklist:
1. Buy, create, or update your emergency supply kit. This includes items such as: Batteries, generator, candles, sterno, first-aid kit with medications, etc.
2. Create an emergency evacuation plan. Keep special needs family members in mind.
3. Battery operated electronics, such as ample flash lights and a TV and/or radio.
4. Maintain a large stock of water and non-perishable foods. Keep pets in mind as well!
5. Update and review insurance policies to keep on-hand.
Ask your local electricity company for more tips on preparing for this hurricane season, and find out more here.